Thursday, March 20, 2014

Back to the challengio!

20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.

There are many significant memories that I have from being a kid. The first thing that comes to mind...

Playing at the apartment complex I lived at until I was 13. This place was the coolest place for kids to play (or so we thought). You had different friends in each building and usually your parents didn't care if you were out after dark because you were rollin' with your homies, simply unstoppable. There was nothing better than getting out our roller blades and cruising around the playground and basketball court, in front of the laundromat, or to get the mail. Ahhhh yeah. We would play tag, hands up stands up, hide-and-seek, and make up dances to old Backstreet Boys songs, joyriding in our parent's cars... So much fun was to be had. And we had it.

Another memory or group of memories was hanging out with my then annoying, now awesome, little sister. She's six years younger so she mostly just followed my friends and I around and I was the mean older sister that no one should have to tolerate or put up with. But she did, like a champ. I loved hanging out with that little squirt (who is now a gorgeous super-model look-alike that is way more mature than I'll ever be). We would sneak our hamburger helper into our socks and throw it over the fence to the sheep. We would teach our guinea pigs to run to their cages from the living room. We would chillax in our PJ's watching Pokémon or whatever else was on day-time TV. Did I ever mention that I have the best little sister in the world? Because I do. Boom.

More memories:

Hanging out with our "grandma Leslie" and our "cousins". People always told me they weren't my real family but I know better :)
Riding bikes and rollerblading everywhere.
Being the pickiest eater in the entire world. This has not changed.
Having tickle fights with my ma.
Eating TV dinners.
Driving remote control cars until the batteries were dead.
Waiting for Santa to visit our house.
Seeing scary movies and listening to classic rock with my pa.
Visiting granny's house and getting spoiled rotten.
Mojojojo, Buppy, Squeakers, Roxy, Fluffy, and all the other pets we grew up with.
 
Being a kid. I miss not having a care in the world. Writing love notes to dumb boys. Fighting and making up with my best girlfriends every few days. Ignorance to the troubles of the world. There were a lot of things that I loved about my childhood and lots of things I would give anything to forget.

Good thing I'm only in like, my middle childhood now :)



1 comment:

  1. I so love who you are now, Ky - and who you always, always were.

    ReplyDelete